Information on the Processing of Personal Data
(1) In the following passages, we have provided information on the processing of personal data when you use this WebPortal. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, for example your name, address, email addresses, and behavior as a user. "Processing" means any operation performed on personal data, such as collecting, recording, storing, or changing data.
(1) Both associations
- Gesellschaft für Technische Kommunikation – tekom Deutschland e.V. and
- European Association for Technical Communication – tekom Europe e.V.
work together with tcworld GmbH as service provider. tcworld GmbH renders services for members and is an event organizer and publishing house for tekom publications, as well as a provider of training in the field of technical communication.
The controller, as defined by Article 4 (7) in conjunction with Article 26 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is tcworld GmbH, together with the above-mentioned associations ("joint controllership").
(2) A joint controllership is where two or more controllers are jointly responsible for processing personal data because they can jointly (not necessarily to the same extent!) determine the purposes and means of the processing. The GDPR stipulates that joint controllers
- must specify, by means of an arrangement between them, which controller is responsible for which duties as regards the exercising of the rights of the data subject (e.g. duty to provide information), unless this is determined by Union or Member State law
- may designate a contact point for data subjects in the arrangement, and
- must make additional, key points of the arrangement (e.g. the actual functions and relations of the joint controllers) available to the data subject.
However, these specifications apply with binding effect only within the scope of the internal relationship between the joint controllers – for example if it must be proved that one of the joint controllers has actually fulfilled its contractual obligations. Regardless of any arrangements made, data subjects have the right to exercise their rights in respect of and against each of the controllers. Joint controllers should incorporate a liability clause in the contract, in which they specify which controller is liable for which data incidents within the internal relationship. Data subjects are free to choose which of the joint controllers should be liable to them.
(3) The address of their joint office is:
Heilbronner Straße 86
+49 711 65704-0
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our site or would like to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you in detail below of the relevant processes. We will also inform you of the defined criteria for the storage period.
(5) Our joint data protection officer can be contacted at datenschutz(at)tekom.de or at our postal address for the attention of the "Data Protection Officer".
Personal Data Collected on the WebPortal
Collection of Personal Data When You Visit Our WebPortal
(1) If you use the WebPortal for purely informational reasons, that is, if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us, we do not gather any personal data, with the exception of data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the WebPortal.
If you would like to look at our WebPortal, we will collect the following data, which is necessary for us in order to display our WebPortal to you and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR)
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted each time
- Website from which the request originates
- Referring URL (the site previously visited)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and browser software version
(1) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our WebPortal.
Cookies are small text files stored in association with the browser you use on your hard disk, which cause certain information to flow to the location that sets the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are used to make internet service more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
(2) This WebPortal uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see a below)
- Persistent cookies (see b below)
(a) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. Session cookies belong to this group in particular. These cookies store what is known as a Session ID, using which various requests by your browser can be assigned to the shared session. This way, your computer can be recognized when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
(b) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined duration, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete these cookies anytime in the security settings of your browser.
(3) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes or change your settings via the cookie banner and refuse to accept third-party cookies, for examples. Please note, however, that you then may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
Use of Tools and Marketing Services
Here you will find a list of the tools and marketing services used, followed by the respective detailed explanations.
- Google Analytics + Google Signals + Google-Re/Marketing Services
- Facebook "visitor action pixel
a) Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with European data protection law (see https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active ).
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website,to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (by clicking the link below (The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by clicking on the following link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de ) download and install the available browser plug-in.
We point out that on this website Google Analytics has been expanded to include the code “gat._anonymizeIp ();” has been expanded to ensure an anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
You can also configure the recording of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link . An opt-out cookie is then set which prevents the further collection of your data when you visit this website. This procedure is particularly recommended when accessing our site via mobile devices.
We base the use of the aforementioned analysis tool on Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR: processing is carried out to analyze user behavior and is therefore necessary to safeguard our legitimate interests.
We also use Google Signals , an extension of Google Analytics.
Here, visitor data from our website and / or our apps are recorded in Google Analytics and linked to your Google account, i.e. your logged-in user, we are provided with anonymized data, we have no access to your personal individual data. This only happens if you have previously consented to such a link on Google in order to receive personalized advertising. Visitor data includes: end user location, search history, YouTube history and data on Google partner websites. This data is used to provide aggregated and anonymized statistics on the behavior of our users across all devices.
At: https://myactivity.google.com/ you can view “My Activities” and delete them at any time and object to personalized advertising in your Google account.
Google Re / Marketing Services
We use the marketing and remarketing services (“Google Marketing Services” for short) from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (“Google”).
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee to comply with European data protection law ( https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active ).
The Google Marketing Services allow us to display advertisements for and on our website in a more targeted manner in order to only present users with advertisements that potentially correspond to their interests. If, for example, a user is shown advertisements for products that he was interested in on other websites, this is referred to as "remarketing". For these purposes, when our and other websites on which Google marketing services are active are accessed, Google immediately executes a code from Google and so-called (re) marketing tags (invisible graphics or code, also known as “pixels "Called) integrated into the website. With their help, an individual cookie, ie a small file, is saved on the user's device (comparable technologies can also be used instead of cookies).The cookies can be set by various domains, including google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com or googleadservices.com. This file records which websites the user has visited, which content he is interested in and which offers he has clicked, as well as technical information about the browser and operating system, referring websites, visiting time and other information on the use of the online offer. The IP address of the user is also recorded, whereby we inform you as part of Google Analyticsthat the IP address is shortened within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area and only transferred in full to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. The IP address will not be merged with the user's data within other Google offers. The aforementioned information can also be combined by Google with information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, the advertisements tailored to him can be displayed according to his interests.The aforementioned information can also be combined by Google with information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, the advertisements tailored to him can be displayed according to his interests.The aforementioned information can also be combined by Google with information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, the advertisements tailored to him can be displayed according to his interests.
The user data is processed pseudonymously as part of the Google marketing services. This means that Google does not store and process the name or email address of the user, for example, but processes the relevant data cookie-related within pseudonymous user profiles. In other words, from Google's point of view, the ads are not managed and displayed for a specifically identified person, but for the cookie holder, regardless of who this cookie holder is. This does not apply if a user has expressly allowed Google to process the data without this pseudonymisation. The information collected by Google Marketing Services about users is transmitted to Google and stored on Google's servers in the USA.
The Google marketing services we use include the online advertising program "Google Ads (formerly AdWords)". In the case of Google Ads, each Google Ads customer receives a different "conversion cookie". This means that cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Google Ads customers. The information obtained with the help of the cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Google Ads customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Google Ads customers find out the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information with which users can be personally identified.
We also use the “Google Tag Manager” to integrate and manage Google analysis and marketing services on our website.
Further information on the use of data for marketing purposes by Google can be found on the overview page: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/ , Google's data protection declaration is at https://www.google.com/policies/ privacy / available.
If you want to object to interest-based advertising by Google Marketing Services, you can use the setting and opt-out options provided by Google: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ .
We base this commitment on Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
b) Use of the Facebook visitor action pixel
With your consent, the “visitor action pixel” of Facebook Inc., 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”) will be used on our website.
With the “visitor action pixel”, actions of users can be tracked as soon as they are forwarded to a provider's website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and to optimize our marketing measures accordingly. The data recorded is anonymous to us, we cannot see any personal data of individual users or draw conclusions about them.
Facebook stores and processes this data. Facebook can therefore assign this data to your Facebook account. You can enable Facebook and its partners to place advertisements on and outside of Facebook. A cookie can also be stored on your computer for these purposes. You can find more information about the collection and use of data by Facebook as well as your related rights and options for protecting your privacy in Facebook's data guidelines: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Consent to the use of the Facebook visitor action pixel may only be given by users who are older than 13 years old. You can withdraw your consent.
You can object to the collection by the Facebook pixel and the use of your data to display Facebook ads. In order to set which types of advertisements are shown to you within Facebook, you can call up the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions there on the settings for usage-based advertising: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads . The settings are platform-independent, ie they are adopted for all devices such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
You can also do this here directly on our website.
We base this commitment on Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
Use of Marketo/Analysis of User Behavior through Tracking
(1) We use the services of Marketo EMEA Limited to send out our newsletter and other mailings (call for papers), to manage advertising permissions, and to collect statistical data on the use of our WebPortal and optimize the site accordingly. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(2) We would like to point out that when sending out the newsletters or other requested information on our behalf, Marketo analyzes your user behavior. To perform this analysis, the emails that are dispatched contain "web beacons" (also known as "tracking pixels"). These are single-pixel image files that link to our WebPortal, thereby enabling us to perform a session-based analysis of your user behavior. We record when you read our newsletter, which links in the newsletter you click on, and conclude from this what your personal interests are. Marketo stores the information collected in this way on its server in the EU/EEA.
(3) Tracking is not possible if you have disabled the display of images by default in your email program. In this event, however, the newsletter will not be displayed to you in full and you may not be able to use all of its functions. If you manually allow the images to be displayed, the above-mentioned tracking will take place.
(4) If you purchase a product or service from us, your email address and name will be imported into Marketo’s systems so that we can send you information emails for similar goods or services in future. The legal basis for this is Article 6 (1) 1 lit f) GDPR.
(5) Marketo’s address and URL with its Privacy Notice:
Marketo EMEA Ltd.
South County Business Park
Web Analysis Services (Matomo)
Use of Web Analysis Services (Matomo)
(1) To optimize our WebPortal, we use the web analysis service Matomo, which analyzes what visitors access on our WebPortal. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Piwik is Article 6 (1) 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(2) We use Matomo in conformity with the GDPR: Analysis is done using by cookies (see above). Cookies collect information regarding your use of our WebPortal. This information is stored solely on our server in Germany. We use "AnonymizeIP". With this, IP addresses are then only used in a shortened form, which does not enable individual identification of users' personal data. The IP address transmitted from your browser by Matomo will not be associated with any other data collected by us.
(3) The Matomo program is an open source project. Information from this third party concerning data protection can be found here.
(4) You have the option of preventing Matomo cookies from being stored on your computer and your use of this website being tracked by Matomo. For this purpose please use the cookie banner. In the basic setting Matomo is not activated.
Social Media Plugins
A variety of social media links such as links to XING, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are integrated into our WebPortal.
However, these links are not integrated through social media plug-ins. The graphics of the social media platforms contain only an http link to our respective presence on social media. This means that when you visit our website, no direct connection is established with the servers of the various social media platforms.
Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We included YouTube videos in our web offerings. They are stored at http://www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our WebPortal.
(2) When you visit our WebPortal, YouTube is informed that you have accessed the corresponding page on this website. Also, any data referred to in § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. YouTube will do this regardless of whether you are logged in with a user account provided by YouTube or whether you do not have a user account. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be associated directly with your account. In case you do not want your profile to be associated with YouTube, however, make sure to log out before clicking the corresponding button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the design of its demand-oriented website. This type of evaluation is used in particular to provide advertising tailored to your needs (even for users who are not logged in) and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our WebPortal. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles by contacting YouTube to exercise this right.
The event organizer, tcworld GmbH, is the service provider of tekom Deutschland and tekom Europe. With respect to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we hereby notify you that your personal data are being collected, processed and used for purposes of contract fulfillment by tcworld GmbH together with the above-named organizations. The legal basis for the processing is GDPR Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. b.
The controller, as defined by Article 4 (7) in conjunction with Art. 26 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is tcworld GmbH together with the above-mentioned associations.
The address of their joint office is:
70178 Stuttgart, Germany
+49 (0)711 65704-0
(1) To register for the conference, use the access data from your 'my tekom' user account. If you do not have a user account yet, you can create one.
We need the following personal data from you:
- First name
- Last name
- e-mail address
The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
(2) For the creation of the user account, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. This means that after you have provided your personal data, we will send you a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided. This contains a link, which you must follow and enter a password. If you do not do this within 7 days, your personal data provided for activation will be automatically deleted.
Registration for the conference
The following personal data is collected as part of the registration process:
- First name, last name
- E-mail address
- Company (if available)
- Position (if any)
- Line of business
- Billing address
To access the digital offerings of the conference and exhibition, you can log in to your user account in 'my tekom' or 'my conference tool' after conference registration at https://tcworldconference.tekom.de/my-conference-tool.
Registration for individual workshops
Registrations for individual workshops are made online. Workshop participation is not possible without prior reservation.
(1) Legal basis
The collection of data during registration serves to fulfill the contract. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
Insofar as the collected data is not required for the fulfillment of the contract, the collection is based on the legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO of tekom Germany and tekom Europe as trade and professional associations.
(2) Place of data processing
The data is processed on servers rented by us in Germany and Finland. For this purpose, we have concluded an agreement on commissioned data processing with the provider.
(3) Storage period
As the organizer, we store the collected data about the statutory retention periods.
In the NetworkingLounge you can contact other participants (contact request), send messages and chat with each other. You can view all other participants, search for specific people, or look for people with specific interests.
(1) What personal data will be included in your profile?
When you register for the conference, a profile is automatically created for you. You will be directed to your profile directly after your first login on the conference platform.
The following personal data will be taken from your registration for your profile:
- First name, last name
- e-mail address
- Company name
- Line of business
You have the possibility to add the following information:
- Interests (Offer/Search)
- Social Media
Complete the process by clicking "Confirm profile".
(2) Contact requests
You can send and receive contact requests. If the contact request is accepted, you can exchange messages and chat with each other and see each other's complete profile. Without a confirmed contact request you have the possibility to leave a short message, but you cannot chat.
Chats are SSL-encrypted and can be viewed only by the people chatting with each other.
(4) Delete contacts
Everyone can make a mistake once. You can undo closed contacts at any time.
(5) Legal basis for data processing
Meeting and exchanging with each other is one of the most important aspects of our events. We base the data processing on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
(6) Place of data processing
The data is processed on servers rented by us in Germany and Finland. For this purpose, we have concluded an agreement on commissioned data processing with the provider.
(7) Retention period
You have the option to save your profile for future events. The NetworkingLounge is connected to 'my tekom' as an additional member service. Therefore, the profile will remain for tekom members.
In the showrooms you can:
- View the recordings
- Download exhibitors' documents
- View job postings of the exhibitors
- Leave messages and make appointments with the exhibitors' consultants
(1) Leave messages and make appointments
You can leave messages for exhibitors' consultants or make appointments using a contact form. By sending the message, you agree that the personal data you provide, such as your e-mail address, will be used by the exhibitor to respond to your message.
(2) Exhibitor presentations / recording
Exhibitor presentations will be recorded. The recordings will be made available in the exhibitor showroom for 3 months.
(3) Place of data processing
GoToWebinar data is processed on servers that comply with European data protection conditions. For this purpose, we have concluded an agreement on commissioned data processing with the provider.
(4) Retention period
Records are available to exhibitors and conference participants for 3 months after the event, after which they are deleted.
(1) Conference tools and conference service providers
We work with LogMeIn (GoToWebinar and GoToMeeting) as a conference service provider.
(2) Scope of data processing
When you participate online in sessions (such as technical presentations, workshops, tutorials or panel discussions), we forward the following personal data to the conference service provider LogMeIn:
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
When using GoToWebinar, various types of data are processed. The scope of the data also depends on the data details and data entries you make when participating. Depending on the format of the sessions, it is possible that the participants can discuss live, and the names of the participants are visible.
If applicable, you have the option of using the chat, question, or survey functions. In this respect, the text entries you make will be processed to display and, if necessary, log them.
Under certain circumstances, the moderator may give you the option of sharing your screen so that your screen content is also displayed to the other participants, the moderator, and the speakers. In this case, you can switch off or mute the webcam, the microphone, and the sharing of your screen yourself at any time.
(3) Order data processing
We have concluded a commissioned data processing agreement with LogMeIn. Contact information for the conference service provider: LogMeIn, 320 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, USA.
(4) Location of data processing
When LogMeIn formats are used, the data is processed in the USA. LogMeIn guarantees an adequate level of data protection according to Art. 46 para.2 lit. c DSGVO. For more information, please visit www.logmeininc.com/de/trust/privacy.
Almost all sessions of the conference will be recorded and made available on the conference website for three months for all conference participants.
If the format allows you to share your image and actively participate in discussion or chat visible to all, you will be notified of this verbally and in chat at the beginning of the live event.
If you do not agree to your image or contributions being recorded, please leave the meeting and view the recording later.
Unless a notice is provided at the beginning of a session, the format will either be such that your name and question chat are not visible, or the event will not be recorded (as with workshops and meetups).
(6) On-Site Image and Sound Recordings
Audio tape, video recordings and photography are generally not permitted. Exceptions only after consultation with the management of tcworld GmbH.
We would like to point out that tcworld GmbH, as the organizer, takes photographs and films of the event for the purpose of documentation or self-publication. It is therefore possible that participants may be recognizable in photos and film recordings. The photographs and film footage will be stored permanently for the purpose of documenting the event. Selected material will be used for reporting and promotional purposes in 'tk', 'tcworld magazine', association websites, newsletters and social media such as Twitter, XING, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube.
Participants: inside please contact the photographer or cameraman immediately if they do not agree with photo and film recordings of themselves.
The legal basis for the processing of images and video recordings is the legitimate interest of the organizer according to Art. 6 para.1 p.1 lit. f DSGVO.
Interviews and statements will only be published with your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para.1, p.1 lit. a DSGVO.
(7) Legal Basis
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO - fulfillment of contractual obligation - event participation. For archiving the recordings, we rely on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO - legitimate interest as a professional association.
(8) Retention period
The recorded sessions are archived and, if necessary, put to further use.
(1) Your satisfaction is important to us. Therefore, we will give you the opportunity to participate in a satisfaction survey after the event. In addition, we assume that you are interested in receiving publication notices by e-mail in connection with the presentations you attended and information about similar events. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. p. 1 lit. f DSGVO and Section 7 para. 3 UWG. You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to be informed.
(2) Only in the event of express consent during the registration process within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO will you receive information about new publications and training programs from tekom Germany / tekom Europe and tcworld GmbH by e-mail, in writing, or in individual cases also by telephone until revocation, which is possible at any time.
(3) You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to be informed or if you wish to revoke your consent. You can notify us in writing to tcworld GmbH, Rotebühlstraße 64, 70178 Stuttgart, GERMANY, by fax to +49 711 65704-99 or by e-mail to info(at)tekom.de. Via a so-called Subscription Center you can determine yourself which information / newsletter you would like to receive.
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information
- Right of correction or deletion
- Right to limit processing
- Right of objection to processing
- Right of data portability
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Further information on data protection with regard to the use of the conference portal (e.g. cookies, social media plug-ins) is available here.